TSS Mastering, a division of The Shelter Studios, is a mastering studio dedicated to offering the very best to all clients. We love working with clients from all calibers. Audio and music are an important art and we know just how important it is for artists and bands. We thrive on getting the best results utilizing experience, analog and digital tools, and our love and passion for audio. Our main goal is to help you get your project to that next level.
No matter where you are in the world, we can master your project! Let us help you make your project stand out and shine.
We welcome all forms of music and audio.
We offer High Resolution Mastering at 44.1kHz 16 Bit (CD Quality) all the way up to 192 kHz 32 Bit.
We master for all streaming services to ensure that your audio is going to sound great in all platforms. We provide MP3 High Quality Masters as well for other music sites.
We ensure that your audio is ready for vinyl pressing by ensuring that the high and low frequencies will not cause any issues on playback. We get your files to the highest level possible without distortion.
Imagine this, you spend countless hours recording, mixing and editing your project. Once done you send it out to get distributed to masses via CD or via Streaming Services. Once released you take a listen and you notice that it does not compare to other music that is out there. What went wrong? The recording? The mix? The weather? Mastering is the last step in the audio production that is detrimental to your project. Mastering is the process of taking your mix and enhancing it using tools such as EQ, compression, limiting, stereo enhancement, and many others. In short, it takes your already amazing sounding tracks and make them that much more amazing!!
Before sending out the files for mastering, you will want to make sure that you do the following:
- Submit the files in WAV or AIFF Format.
- Keep the sample rate of your session. For example if your session was at 48kHz/24 Bit then you will want to send files at 48kHz/24 Bit. Do not convert down or up. We can take care of that for you.
- If you have any processing in your master bus,
- please send us versions with the master bus processing and versions
- without. This will allow for us to ensure that we are hearing the mixes
- you have approved before mastering.
- If you are utilizing a mixing engineer, please ensure that they leave enough headroom for us to work with. The loudest part of your song (peak level) should be around -3db to -5db (below 0 level). This should be enough for us to work with without squeezing the life out of your mixes.
You can submit your files to us using WeTransfer. This service works best as it shows you a progress bar when uploading the files and notifies you when we download the files. You can also send us a Google Drive, Box, or DropBox link to your files.
A DDP Image is a file that is needed for CD Duplication. In this file you will find your audio in CD Resolution (44.1kHz/16 bit), CD Text, Song Titles, Fades, Gaps between songs, Song Sequence (Song Order), as well as other crucial data that is needed for CD Duplication. We can provide a DDP Image along with a DDP Player so that you can listen to the project through the ears of a listener, HOFA DDP Player Maker to create your DDP Image and for you to play it.
ISRC Codes are needed so that you can register your music and keep track of any purchased or royalties. We do not offer ISRC Codes so you will want to get these before we wrap up your project. If you need help with this we can provide you with sites to look into.